To change your header, simply scroll down to the bottom of your personal website settings and click the green "Upload" button, then select from your computer the image that you'd like to display as the cover photo for your website.
Here are some handy tips to upload the perfect cover photo:
- Select a picture that's at least 1200 pixels wide. That sounds like a lot, but even most modern smartphone cameras will give you images this wide by default.
- If your picture doesn't seem to be centered, or is cut off, make your photo a little shorter by cutting off the top or the bottom.
- Only use images that you have the copyright or trademark license to use. Generally, this covers any image you've taken, images in the public domain, or images with a Creative Commons 0 license. If you don't have an image this size, or one that doesn't seem to look just right, you can look for images with these licenses on sites that specialize in public domain images, like Unsplash or Pexels.
Now that your header photo is perfect, maybe you want to learn more about your personal website:
- How do I turn on and off my personal website?
- How do I get my personal website URL/link?
- How do I turn off and on my contact page?