What is my personal website?
Your personal website is a way to display your academic work without weighing it down with a social network profile. Using a personal website grants you some general features that you can't get anywhere else on Academia. These features include, but aren't limited to:
- New website link
- Customizable header
- Contact form
- Downloads without sign-ups
- A more personal space on the internet
Editing your personal website is extremely easy: all of the information is imported from your Academia profile. To change information on your persona website, simply change information on your Academia profile.
- Have a new paper to upload? Simply upload it to Academia and it will show up on your personal website.
- Adding a new book or scholarship to your biography will make it appear as well!
- Have an additional social profile you want to add? These show on your contact form.
- Want to change your personal website profile photo? Change it in your website settings.
Here's a good example. Here's Richard's biography on Academia:
Here's his matching biography on his personal site:
If you have other questions about your personal website, here are some other good help pages to review: